A Mid-Winter Special—Groundhog Musings

canadafreepress.com | 2/1/2018 | Dr. Klaus L.E. Kaiser
Nighty (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://canadafreepress.com/images/uploads/kaiser020118.jpg

Cordial thanks for your response to my letter of last year to our Aunt Climate. I think you were right on target and our great aunt has listened to our gripes. Of course, she’s not alone; as you know the U.S. President, in his speech on the State of the Union, a couple of nights ago, did not even mention “climate change” once. Presumably, he had read the letter too and him and aunty agreed to finally boost the production of that formerly claimed “evil-extraordinaire,” the trace gas carbon dioxide, also known as CO2 in the atmosphere.

As mentioned, everyone needs a just climate, with the customary four seasons as they come. Who would really want to live in a climate that does not vary, day-in and day-out? As I think, we all would find it quite boring; what would we have to talk about with strangers if not about the weather? Enough of that climate nonsense though.

Dear - Cousin - Minus - Mid-winter - Part

Dear cousin, as you will know, with the minus degrees we recently experienced, mid-winter cannot come soon enough and the usually most severe part of the winter season is yet to follow. At this time of the year, some of us are suffering from “mid-winter blues” AKA “cabin fever.” I’m sure you have similar experiences.

However, I’d really like to report about the latest great developments in the groundhog country of Ontario.

Dearest - Wilhelmina - Bit - Dare - Model

As of late, my Dearest, Wilhelmina, was getting a bit antsy. Our (dare I say) 35-year old high-end model dishwasher had developed some problems. It failed to release the detergent stuff from one or the other compartments, some dishes got rust stains on the rim and my attempts getting it to behave properly were all in vain.

Dutifully (as modern grandparents ought to be), we searched the net, just to figure out what the new...
(Excerpt) Read more at: canadafreepress.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When will they ever learn?