Nature-loving boy, six, posts heart-warming letter to Aldi asking them to use less plastic after watching Blue Planet 2 left him upset that animals were ‘getting sick’

Mail Online | 1/30/2018 | Connor Boyd For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/30/12/48BA3E0E00000578-0-image-a-22_1517315658457.jpg

A nature-loving boy posted a letter to Aldi asking them to stop using plastic packaging after being inspired by an episode of Blue Planet 2.

Six-year-old Harrison Forsyth watched the nature documentary with his mother Marie, 38, and he became distressed when a scene showed a whale chewing on plastic.

Days - Programme - Amount - Plastic - Aldi

Days after watching the programme he noticed a large amount of plastic in Aldi while shopping with his mother and sister Eliza Forsyth, four.

He told Mrs Forsyth he wanted to write a letter to the boss of the supermarket to express his concern of their packaging and ask them to stop using so much plastic.

Letter - Boss - Aldi - Programme - Blue

His letter read: 'Dear boss of Aldi, I have watched this programme called Blue Planet 2 and I have seen that the plastic in the sea is making the animals sick and die.

'So please can you stop using plastic that you can not recycle?'

Mrs - Forsyth - Lazonby - Cumbria - Programme

Mrs Forsyth, from Lazonby, Cumbria, said: 'I think it is amazing. I am really proud of him. When he watched the programme it was enough to make him think. He was so upset he couldn't watch that scene.

'After seeing the harm it does to animals he felt really strongly about it. From a really young age Harrison has loved anything to do with the sea.

Feel - Packaging

'I feel strongly about it myself. It is ridiculous how much packaging they use that isn't needed.

'We aren't an extremely green family but we do what we can. We always recycle as much as we can.

Shopping

'We went shopping and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!