It doesn't matter what class you're in — there's only one thing that makes a flight enjoyable or not

Business Insider | 1/27/2018 | Rebecca Harrington
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5a6a069acf84106c018b4689-1190-625/it-doesnt-matter-what-class-youre-in--theres-only-one-thing-that-makes-a-flight-enjoyable-or-not.jpg

People fret over what class they're in on planes, but the only thing that truly matters are the people staffing the flight.

A bad flight crew can making flying a nightmare, while a good one can make it a dream.

Trip - Flights - Quito - NYC

I realized this on a trip of three very different flights from Quito to NYC.

On a recent flight from Ecuador to New York, I realized that it doesn't matter what class you're in, how new the plane is, or how extensive the in-flight entertainment is.

Thing - Flight - Crew

The only thing that determines how enjoyable a flight is is the crew.

Growing up outside Minneapolis, I've flown Delta since they bought out Northwest — in the main cabin, Delta Comfort, first class, and even one unbelievably luxurious flight from London to New York in Delta One.

Size - Seat - Food - Options - Class

While the size of your seat and your food options may change from class to class, a cranky flight attendant can make or break a trip. Likewise, a fantastic flight crew can make the naturally uncomfortable act of flying a dream.

Case in point: Even though I was in Delta Comfort on all three flights I took to get back from Ecuador, I had wildly different experiences on all of them.

Atlanta-to-Detroit - Detroit-to-Newark - Jaunt - Adventure - Leg

While I knew my Quito-to-Atlanta, Atlanta-to-Detroit, Detroit-to-Newark jaunt would be an adventure, I didn't expect each leg of the journey to be so different.

All the flights arrive in and leave from Quito around midnight, and mine was scheduled to depart at 12:30 a.m. Since it was an international flight and I was in Delta Comfort, I had two goals for the flight: Watch as many movies as possible, and take advantage of the free drinks.

Glass - Wine - Flight - Attendants

When I boarded, I was feeling frazzled. I wanted a glass of white wine. But there were no flight attendants to be found.

I knew they had important duties to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!