Congresswoman Tells How She Chose Life for Her Daughter Who Was Given No Chance for Survival

CNS News | 1/19/2018 | Staff
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/congresswoman_crop_0.png

Washington (CNSNews.com) - In a speech at the 45th Annual March for Life on Friday, Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.) shared the story of how she and her husband chose not to get an abortion despite learning that their daughter had zero chance of survival, because she had no kidneys and undeveloped lungs from of a condition that was usually fatal upon birth.

A few months into her second term in Congress, when she and her husband went for their 20-week ultrasound as first-time parents, they were told their unborn child had “zero percent chance of survival.”

Kidneys - Condition - Agenesis - Result - Baby

“She had no kidneys. It was a condition called bilateral renal agenesis, and as a result, our baby would either miscarry or she would be born unable to breathe, because her lungs did not develop. She would literally suffocate upon arrival, and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Talk about hopeless! One hundred percent fatal!” Herrera Beutler said.

“Our diagnosing doctor told us often that when women get this news, they’re heading across the street to schedule a termination, and at a second opinion consult, I was offered the option not to abort, but to induce early,” the congresswoman said.

Weeks - Point - Today - Week - Sooner

“I was around 20 weeks at this point, and I said, ‘So what is early?’ and she said, ‘Like today, like this week. The sooner you start over, the better off you’re going to be emotionally.’ That’s what we were told,” she added.

“So Dan and I prayed, and we cried, and we learned to contend, and in that devastation … we saw hope. What if God would do a miracle? What if a doctor was willing to try something new? What if we could get saline infusions in utero to mimic the amniotic fluid, so the baby could develop even without kidneys? What if?” Herrera...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?