Charges have been given to the man who allegedly assaulted Sen. Rand Paul

Rare | 1/19/2018 | Autumn Price
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/ap_17317832766860-1.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

Rene Boucher, the man arrested for violently tackling Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), has been charged with felony assault for his alleged unprovoked attack on the senator in November.

The federal felony charges were announced on Friday by Josh J. Minkler, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana.

Member - Congress - Offense - Minkler - Act

“Assaulting a member of Congress is an offense we take very seriously,” Minkler said. “Those who choose to commit such an act will be held accountable.”

According to the Courier-Journal, Boucher has signed a plea agreement, however, no date has been set for entry of his guilty plea.

People - FBI - Violence - Members - Congress

“Just as we are committed to protecting the American people, the FBI will not tolerate violence directed against members of Congress,” Special Agent in Charge Amy S. Hess said in a statement. “Those who choose to assault any federal official are certain to face serious consequences.”

Boucher previously pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge in November.

Interview - November - Attack - Paul - Assault

In his first interview since the November attack, Paul opened up about the assault.

“From my perspective, I’m not really too concerned about what someone’s motive is,” Paul told the Washington Examiner at the time. “I’m just concerned that I was attacked from the back and somebody broke six of my ribs and gave...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.
Tagged: