Waitress, 20, beats her seven-year battle with psoriasis after switching to a vegan, gluten-free diet and has ditched her steroid creams for good

Mail Online | 1/19/2018 | Alexandra Thompson Health Reporter For Mailonline
katz1234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/19/11/484FCA8900000578-0-image-a-43_1516360867322.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/bc/rtmp_uds/1418450360/2014/09/24/1418450360_3803018769001_skin.mp4

A waitress claims to have overcome the psoriasis she battled for seven years and ditched her medication for good due to a strict vegan diet.

Jessica Belshaw, 20, from Torpoint, Cornwall, first noticed spots on her abdomen when she was just 13 years old, which later covered her entire body in agonising red, flaky patches.

Years - Creams - Ms - Belshaw - Treatments

After years on steroid creams, Ms Belshaw decided to give up her prescribed treatments in favour of 'natural healing' almost 12 months ago after suffering severe steroid withdrawals that caused her extreme discomfort every time she missed a dose.

Ms Belshaw, who suffers from the guttate form of the disorder, credits her vegan, gluten-free and mostly raw diet for helping her keep her condition under control, as well as yoga and meditation for managing her stress levels and avoiding flare ups.

Break - Outs - Ms - Belshaw - Condition

Although she still suffers from occasional break outs, Ms Belshaw has learnt to accept her condition and is speaking out to encourage others to do the same.

She said: 'My first advice would be acceptance, accepting who you are is the first stage in order to love who you are and heal your body.'

Psoriasis - Skin - Condition - Cent - People

Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition that affects around two per cent of people in the UK.

'It is okay to have bad days'

Ms - Belshaw - 'I - Eat - Diet

Ms Belshaw said: 'I eat a completely vegan and gluten-free diet. I eat a lot of raw foods and leafy green vegetables.

'I drink plenty of water and rarely drink a lot of alcohol now.

Time - Day - Practice - Yoga - Day

'I give myself "me" time every day and practice yoga and meditate twice a day to keep my stress levels down and just to give me a good perspective on day-to-day life.'

Ms Belshaw, who is travelling around Australia, encourages people who suffer from skin conditions to be kind to themselves.

'My - Advice

She said: 'My first advice...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!