'Today isn't about me': Michelle Williams responds to Mark Wahlberg's offer to donate $1.5M to Time's Up legal fund after pay disparity scandal

Mail Online | 1/14/2018 | Dailymail.com Reporters
Mireille (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/14/06/47F44C2E00000578-0-image-a-3_1515912667947.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/11/29/4880330154068821428/1024x576_MP4_4880330154068821428.mp4

Michelle Williams says her co-star Mark Wahlberg's decision to donate the $1.5 million he earned for reshoots for 'All the Money in the World' to the sexual misconduct defense initiative Time's Up isn't about her.

The actress, who reportedly was paid less than $1,000 for the reshoots, says in a statement Saturday that her fellow actresses and activist friends stood by her and 'taught me to use my voice, and the most powerful men in charge, they listened and they acted.'

Days - Life - Wahlberg - Talent - Agency

She says it was 'one of the most indelible days of my life' because of Wahlberg, talent agency William Morris Endeavor and 'a community of women and men who share in this accomplishment.'

'Today isn't about me,' she said.

Reshoots - Days - Christopher - Plummer - Kevin

The reshoots occurred over 10 days when Christopher Plummer replaced Kevin Spacey in the film after sexual misconduct accusations against Spacey surfaced.

Both Plummer and Williams were nominated for Golden Globes for their performances.

Statement - Saturday - Wahlberg - Days - Fee

In a statement earlier Saturday Wahlberg, 46, said: 'Over the last few days my reshoot fee for All The Money in the World has become an important topic of conversation.

'I 100% support the fight for fair pay and I'm donating the $1.5 million to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund in Michelle Williams' name.'

Time - WME - Wahlberg - Williams - Scott

At the same time, WME, which reps Wahlberg, Williams and Scott, has pledged $500,000 in a donation to #TimesUp.

WME said: The current conversation is a reminder that those of us in a position of influence have a responsibility to challenge inequities, including the gender wage gap.

Recognition - Pay - Discrepancy - Money - World

'In recognition of the pay discrepancy on All The Money In The World reshoots, WME is donating an additional $500,000 to the Time's Up Legal Defense Fund in Michelle Williams' name, following our $1 million pledge to the organization earlier this month. It's crucial that this conversation continues within...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.