FCC could level fine against SNL after this week's host, Sam Rockwell, drops 'F-bomb' during first sketch of the show

Mail Online | 1/14/2018 | Daily Mail Online Reporter
cindy95240 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/14/06/481F5B5F00000578-0-image-a-48_1515912108973.jpg

Saturday Night Live may be looking at a fine from the FCC after the show's host, Sam Rockwell, dropped the 'F-word' early into this week's broadcast.

After delivering a self-deprecating monologue about his sidekick status in Hollywood, Rockwell let the profanity slip during the first sketch of the program, a segment based on a parody of a PBS children's show.

Skit - Rockwell - Character - Children - Answers

In the skit, Rockwell's character can be seen getting increasingly frustrated with two dim-witted children giving incorrect answers to seemingly simple questions.

'You can't be this f***ing stupid,' Rockwell blurts, immediately apologizing right after while still in charachter. 'I'm sorry. You can't be this stupid.'

Action - Federal - Communications - Commission - Agency

It's unclear what action the The Federal Communications Commission, an independent agency of the United States government, will take following live airing of the sketch.

The most famous case involving an FCC fine occurred in the wake of the now infamous 'wardrobe malfunction' incident during the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show performance involving Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake.

People - Agency - Indecency - Complaints - Jackson

More than 500,000 people flooded the agency with indecency complaints after Jackson's breast was exposed, leading the FCC to fine CBS $550,000.

In 2009, SNL cast member Jenny Slate dropped an 'F-bomb' during a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!