GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Churchill director Joe Wright's darkest hour as marriage with Indian musician Anoushka Shankar crumbles after seven years

Mail Online | 1/14/2018 | Charlotte Griffiths for The Mail on Sunday
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/13/23/481C2CC200000578-0-image-a-12_1515884532360.jpg

With his Churchill biopic Darkest Hour winning rave reviews from critics and cinema audiences, it may seem like director Joe Wright is riding high.

But behind the scenes, I can reveal that the 45-year-old Londoner has split from his wife of seven years, glamorous Indian musician Anoushka Shankar.

Anoushka - Daughter - Musician - Ravi - Shankar

Anoushka, – the daughter of legendary Indian musician Ravi Shankar – was notably absent from the film’s premieres in London and Los Angeles last month. And yesterday the couple confirmed online that their marriage is over.

There are now whispers that Joe’s friendship with actress Haley Bennett may have played a part in the split.

Haley - LA - Premiere - Week - Critics

Haley, 30, was seen at the LA premiere and last week sat next to him at the Critics’ Choice Awards in Hollywood. She is best known for playing femme fatale Megan in The Girl On The Train.

Spare a thought for Chloe Madeley, who was upstaged by her dad at her own book event yesterday.

Richard - Signing - Chloe - Fitness - Tome

Richard, 61, arrived at the signing of Chloe’s new fitness tome in London in woefully age-inappropriate gear, designer stubble and looking like a superannuated boy-band singer.

The presenter has also dyed his hair blond and seems to have paid a visit or three to a spray-tan booth. He even tried to adopt down-with-the-kids lingo, declaring: ‘You the girl!’ in a message to Chloe. Cringe!

Richard - Wife - Judy

Richard’s wife Judy was nowhere to be seen. I can’t say I blame her.

The Duchess of Rutland has come up...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!