'I feel very humbled': Gary Oldman receives celebratory kiss from wife Gisele Schmidt... as he is tipped for Oscar success after big win at the Golden Globes for Darkest Hour

Mail Online | 1/8/2018 | Julia Pritchard for MailOnline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/08/14/47E6D89700000578-0-image-a-123_1515422076247.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/07/13/6998511124977727143/1024x576_MP4_6998511124977727143.mp4

He has enjoyed a successful thirty-year career in the industry, but has only ever received one nomination at the Academy Awards.

But it was finally Gary Oldman's time to shine on Sunday night, as he bagged a Golden Globe for his role as Winston Churchill in Darkest Hour - tipping him for Oscar success.

Celebratory - Kiss - Wife - Gisele - Schmidt

Receiving a celebratory kiss from his wife Gisele Schmidt, the screen icon, 59, admitted he was 'very humbled and surprised' to accept the award for Best Actor in a Drama - despite receiving rave reviews for his portrayal of the Prime Minister.

The British actor proudly collected his first ever Golden Globe award at the Beverly Hilton hotel, and was clearly overwhelmed as he took to the stage.

Trophy - Gary - Praise - Portrayal - Churchill

Grapsing tightly onto his trophy, Gary, who has received high praise for his portrayal of Churchill in the new flick, told the audience: 'I feel very humbled and surprised to have been asked to this stage.'

He first thanked the highly skilled make-up and technical staff on set, who spent a whopping five hours transforming him into the politician every morning.

'I - Magnificent - Makeup - Team - Artistry

He said: 'I would like to thank my magnificent makeup team. Your artistry has no equal. You were kind, you were funny, you were patient, and we got through 63 applications.'

He then thanked his wife Gisele for tolerating that same makeup, and the huge level of commitment necessary for him to embody the character.

Friends - Bed - Winston - Churchill - Gary

'She told her friends, 'I go to bed with Winston Churchill but I wake up with Gary Oldman,'' he began, before adding, 'which I suppose is better than the other way around,' causing the audience to chuckle.

Clearly overwhelmed, he lastly thanked his co-star and on-screen wife Kristin Scott Thomas - who he joked...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!