Tonya Harding chokes back tears as Allison Janney praises former ice skater for 'sharing her story' after scooping Best Supporting Actress award at the Golden Globes

Mail Online | 1/8/2018 | Connie Rusk For Mailonline
Mijac (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/08/09/47E2D78B00000578-0-image-a-4_1515404170225.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/12/07/4668857051730954339/1024x576_MP4_4668857051730954339.mp4

Her life and career as an Olympic figure skater was adapted into the blockbuster film I, Tonya.

And Tonya Harding, 47, struggled to hold back the tears on Sunday as Allison Janney sang her praises after scooping the award for Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes.

Acceptance - Speech - West - Wing - Star

During her acceptance speech, the West Wing star pointed to the former ice skater in the audience and thanked her for 'sharing her story'.

'I would just like to thank Tonya [Harding] for sharing her story,' Allison said.

Movie - Story - Class - America - Story

'What this movie did is tell a story about class in America, tell a story about the disenfranchised, tell the story about a woman who was not embraced for her individuality, tell a story about truth and the perception of truth in the media and truths we all tell ourselves.

'It's an extraordinary movie, and I'm so proud of it.'

Ice - Skater - Allison - Mention - Hands

The American former ice skater looked touched by Allison's mention, holding her hands to her chest and fighting back tears as Zac Efron looked on.

Ahead of the award ceremony, Tonya oozed glamour on the red carpet as she showed off her hourglass physique in a glitzy black dress.

Thousands - Sequins - Gown - Clung - Curves

Featuring thousands of sequins, the full-length gown clung to her curves before

She styled her long blonde tresses in a sleek straight look and accentuated her youthful complexion with blush-swept cheeks and a pink lip.

Tonya - Story

I, Tonya tells the true story of the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!