Gingrich: Bannon has exaggerated sense of self-importance

Fox News | 1/3/2018 | Staff
xhelloworld (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2018/01/03/0/0/694940094001_5701560820001_5701545885001-vs.jpg?ve=1

Former House speaker reacts after the president slams former White House strategist Steve Bannon.

This is a rush transcript from "Your World," January 3, 2018. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

NEIL - CAVUTO - WORLD - HOST - Day

NEIL CAVUTO, "YOUR WORLD" HOST: You know, this whole day seems to have been like this internal war back and forth, the Bannonites, the Trumpites, whether it's the establishment, which is hard to say, because neither of those guys are establishment going against the renegade groups.

Anyway, I can't make it out.

Newt - Gingrich - History - Sort - Thing

But Newt Gingrich has a long history of this sort of thing and has seen many a president address it. He's the former speaker of the House, you know, multiple bestselling author, his wife a fancy-schmancy ambassador at the Vatican. He joins us from the White House right now.

Newt, good to see you.

NEWT - GINGRICH - R-FORMER - SPEAKER - THE

NEWT GINGRICH, R-FORMER SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE: Well, it's good to see you.

I'm not sure Callista would quite buy fancy-schmancy, but she's honored to be serving as ambassador to the Vatican.

CAVUTO - Honor

CAVUTO: That is awesome. I mean, that's quite the honor.

Let me ask you, though, how is this all going down, this Bannon back and forth with the White House, the president and his remarks?

CAVUTO - Tweet - Statement

CAVUTO: It wasn't just a tweet. It was a very clear, delineated statement.

What is going on?

GINGRICH - Well - Look - Neil - Bannon

GINGRICH: Well, look, I think, Neil, first of all, Bannon has an exaggerated sense of self-importance, and the news media, of course, builds it up, because it's exactly, in the age of the Kardashians, the kind of nonsense that they love to fill time and space with.

So, they can run around and think about that, as opposed to the largest tax cut in history, or the most deregulation in history, or the best economic growth in more than 10 years.

CAVUTO - Bannon - Feed

CAVUTO: But didn't Bannon feed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8