How to Reach Your Goals In Six Simple Steps

Rick Thomas | 4/1/2014 | Chris O'Donnell
lhumara (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/RMlogoHowtoReachYourGoalsInSixSimpleSteps.jpg

I’m not much of a planner. It’s true. I’ve often joked that I’m more a “fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-kind-of- gal.” It turns out this isn’t such a good quality to have, especially when trying to accomplish a goal.

One day I realized my lack of planning was hindering me from reaching a primary goal in my life. On April 1, 2014, I took the first step in what would become a longer than anticipated journey. My destination? To complete an intensive biblical counseling training course so I would be better at bringing care to hurting souls.

You may want to read:

The program was self-paced (code for procrastinators, take heed) and designed for roughly a 2-year track. But for this self-proclaimed dilly-dallier, it took three years, eight months, and 16 days to complete–not that I was counting or anything.

Intentions - Things - Crop - Life - Twists

I started out strong and with good intentions but then the unexpected came. You know what I’m saying. Those things that crop up in life you weren’t anticipating. It happens to us all. The surprising twists along the way with a dash of idleness mixed with a lack of discipline created the recipe for my delay.

As I ponder the time it took and the enormous lessons I’ve gained along the way (too many to mention in one article), I wanted to share with you some steps that helped me reach my goal. There’s nothing special or earth-shattering about them, but for me, they were the difference between throwing up the white flag in surrender or pressing ahead and finishing the task. Praise God! I chose the latter (Philippians 3:13-14).

Course - Goal - Mine - One - Yours

Now, of course, your goal may be much different than mine. The one I had was more academic, not to mention utterly transformative. Yours may be something else altogether. Maybe you want to get healthier in the New Year. You...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: