'People assume my home belongs to my white driver': Jennifer Hudson candidly discusses her experiences with race and prejudice as she stuns in a powerful shoot

Mail Online | 1/3/2018 | Jabeen Waheed For Mailonline
marika (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/03/16/47BA7A9B00000578-0-image-a-29_1514995494289.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/04/26/2724167542432417711/1024x576_MP4_2724167542432417711.mp4

She has achieved monumental success since her days as a contestant on American Idol in 2004, when an unimpressed Simon Cowell informed her: 'You're out of your depth in this competition.'

And Jennifer Hudson proved the music mogul wrong yet again, as she cut a powerful figure for a stunning shoot for Cosmopolitan magazine - where she proved fearless in talking about her experiences with prejudice and race.

Oscar-winning - Star - Odds - Neighbourhood - Mum

The Oscar-winning star, 36, confessed that despite 'defying all the odds by being African-American, living in a wealthy neighbourhood and being a working mum', her success is still 'foreign to people' and has led to a number of cases of 'ignorance.'

Jennifer proved she had truly perfected her magic for the camera, as she stunned for the magazine shoot.

Flair - Dreamgirls - Star - Angles - Likes

Showcasing her sartorial flair, the Dreamgirls star worked her angles in the likes of a plunging vest top, studded leather skirt and blazer.

And while she oozed body confidence for the shoot, Jennifer also demonstrated little hesitation as she candidly spoke of the experiences she faces with prejudice to this very day.

Jennifer - Fashion - Situations - Plane - Air

Jennifer told the fashion bible: 'There have been several situations where I get on a plane and (the air steward) assumes that I’m (meant to be) in the back of the plane.

'That happens a lot. I’m like "No, my seat is up there [in first class], thank you."'

Voice - Star - Judge - UK - US

The Voice star, who is a judge on both the UK and US versions, relayed further examples of prejudgement over her race.

'People also assume that my home belongs to my white driver, Charles. One time, I was having something moved into my house and they wanted to know where to put it.

'I - There - Removal - Man - Charles

'I said, "There." [The removal man] just stood there. When Charles came in, he asked him, "So where would you like these things?"...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!