Set Your 'Spiritual GPS' for the New Year

Charisma Magazine | 1/3/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo:

At the beginning of every New Year I always reassess my goals, sharpen my objectives and pray for God's blessing. I ask myself: What do I want God to accomplish in my life this year? How do I want to grow personally, in my relationships and in my career? Then I seek the Lord to hear what He is saying to me about the next 12 months.

I call this exercise "resetting my GPS." I encourage you to try it. Here's how it works:

G - Goals - People - Goals - Sense

G stands for "Goals." People with goals have a sense of purpose, and they aren't easily distracted. On the other hand, those with no ambitions wander aimlessly. If you aim at nothing, you will surely hit it. Setting a goal is the first step toward success.

I see the power of goal setting in the life of the apostle Paul. He was motivated by a fiery passion to take the gospel to the Gentiles. In his lifetime he traveled on foot or by ship, chariot or horseback to what is now Turkey, Syria, Greece, Crete, Malta and Italy. His goal drove him forward.

Goal - Spain - Rom - Spain - Goal

He also set a goal to preach in Spain (see Rom. 15:24, 28). We don't know if he reached Spain or not, but that goal certainly stoked his zeal and motivated him to wake up every morning. When he wrote these words--"I press toward the goal to the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 3:14)—he was in chains in a Roman prison. Paul didn't let obstacles deter him.

There's a difference between a dream and a goal. Dreams can be elusive—always "somewhere out there"—if the person dreaming never takes a first step. Your most vital step is to write down your goal. State it clearly and aim at it. The prophet said in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Charisma Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The beatings will continue until moral improves.