Hatch Announces Retirement From Senate: ‘Every Good Fighter Knows When to Hang Up the Gloves’

Washington Free Beacon | 1/2/2018 | David Rutz
adele2234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Screenshot-2018-01-02-14.30.05.png

BY: David Rutz

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R., Utah), the longest-serving Senate Republican, announced Tuesday that he will retire at the end of his current term this year.

Video - Utahans - Hatch - Accomplishments - Effort

In a video addressed to his fellow Utahans, Hatch touted his accomplishments, including leading the effort to pass the Republican tax overhaul President Donald Trump signed into law last month.

Trump, Hatch said, called him a "fighter," but he said even the best ones know when to "hang up the gloves."

Time - Prayer - Discussion - Family - Friends

"For me, that time is soon approaching. That's why, after much prayer and discussion with family and friends, I've decided to retire at the end of this term," Hatch said.

He would have been up for re-election in November.

Senate - Time - Family - Wife - Elaine

"Although I will miss serving you in the Senate, I look forward to spending more time with my family, especially my sweet wife, Elaine, whose unwavering love and support made all of this possible," he said.

"I'm...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!