The 2017 story that defined my years, the conviction and deportation of terrorist Rasmea Odeh

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 12/30/2017 | William A. Jacobson
TimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/William-Jacobson-with-Kanner-and-Joffe-families-e1514682695488.jpg

Many of our authors are compiling lists of their favorite posts and stories from this past year.

I don’t have a list.

Story - Thing - Year - Live - October

There is one story that so outweighed every other thing I’ve written about this year, and perhaps since we turned the website live on October 12, 2008, that no list is needed.

I’m talking about my coverage of the trial, appeal, potential re-trial, and ultimate deportation of Rasmea Odeh. Seeing that miserable lying little terrorist murderer kicked out of this country was the consummation of almost three years of coverage. But it was about so much more.

Legal - Insurrection - Amount - Time - Story

If you have been reading Legal Insurrection for any amount of time, you know the story. If you are new here, the very, very short version is that Rasmea Odeh masterminded the 1969 bombing of the SuperSol supermarket in Jerusalem, killing Hebrew University students Edward Joffe and Leon Kanner.

The evidence against Rasmea was and is overwhelming, and she received a full trial that even an observer from the International Red Cross said at the time was fair.

Rasmea - Confession - Days - Torture - Fact

Yet Rasmea falsely claimed she was convicted only because she gave a false confession after 25 days of sexual torture. In fact, she confessed after just one day. She carried on that lie for the next several decades, including in her U.S. court proceedings.

Rasmea was released from Israeli prison after only 10 years in a prisoner exchange for an Israeli soldier captured in Lebanon. She eventually made her way to the U.S. where she lied on her visa application and again on her naturalization papers by falsely denying, among other things, that she ever had been convicted of a crime or imprisoned.

US - Court - Proceedings - Crime - Naturalization

In her U.S. court proceedings charging her with the crime of unlawfully obtaining naturalization, she concocted the ludicrous claim that she didn’t understand the immigration forms because she...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.