Police investigate fatal officer-involved shooting in Wichita as possible swatting

KSN-TV | 12/29/2017 | KSN TV
adele2234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://lintvksnw.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/fatal-office-involved-shooting-finch-photo.jpg

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A Wichita police officer fatally shot a man in southwest Wichita Thursday night.

Deputy Chief Troy Livingston said WPD received a call reporting a shooting at 6:18 p.m. in the 1000 block of West McCormick. He said the caller stated a mother and son got into an argument and, during that, a father was shot in the head. Livingston said the caller said the father died and two hostages were being held.

Police - Man - Door - Home - Livingston

When police arrived, a 28-year-old man came to the front door of the home. Livingston said a WPD officer fired his service weapon. The man was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead. He has been identified by family as Andrew Thomas Finch.

“I keep thinking this is a dream and I am going to wake up and he is going to be here. But the cops can’t just go around shooting people without any consequences. They can not do that. They gave us a warning why couldn’t they give that to my son,” said Lisa Finch, Andrew’s mother.

Deputy - Chief - Troy - Livingston - Police

Deputy Chief Troy Livingston said when police entered the home, they did not find a deceased man inside.

“We believe we were given some misinformation on the call,”...
(Excerpt) Read more at: KSN-TV
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!