CBS Attempted Hit Job Against Tax Bill, But All 3 Families Discovered Something

Conservative Tribune | 12/26/2017 | Chris Golden
adele2234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://conservativetribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/cbs-tax.jpg

Before the Republican tax bill was passed, the media narrative focused on how it would only benefit the wealthy. Once it was passed (after a bit of procedural drama for good measure), that narrative went into overdrive.

No matter what statistics or examples the GOP may have pointed the media toward, that was the story, and they were sticking to it. However, as our second president pointed out, facts are stubborn things — even more stubborn than media outlets are.

CBS - Sagacity - Mr - Adams - Advice

CBS found out the timeless sagacity of Mr. Adams’ advice the hard way.

After the tax bill passed, the network decided to run a segment where they looked at how three separate American families from three different parts of the country would fare under the Republicans’ new tax plan. The original idea, one would assume, was to highlight the inequality therein.

Hit - Job - CBS - Families - Money

Instead of the hit job one assumes some were looking for, however, CBS found that all three families ended up saving money.

The first profile was of Marcie George, a single mother who rents from North Carolina.

Someone - George

“It didn’t seem as they were going along like it would really affect someone like me,” George said.

An administrative assistant, George makes under $40,000 a year. “Financially, I struggle,” George said. “I live paycheck to paycheck. I make things work, I readjust and rearrange, but we do get by.”

Remember - Left - Ms - George - Child

Remember that we were told incessantly by the left that Ms. George and her child were going to be the kind of people who would get the shaft under the GOP tax plan. So, how did things end up for her?

Pretty well, we’d say: over $1,300 saved, in part thanks to the child tax credit doubling.

Amber - Jason - Edwards - Homeowners - Providence

Amber and Jason Edwards, married homeowners from Providence, Rhode Island, are slightly higher up the tax bracket than Ms. George is....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!