Diddy says he wants to buy the Panthers and sign Colin Kaepernick (and Steph Curry wants in too) - after owner says he'll sell team following sexual harassment allegations

Mail Online | 12/18/2017 | Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com
erinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/18/06/476C185300000578-0-image-a-9_1513580086125.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/12/18/7662321143806342262/1024x576_MP4_7662321143806342262.mp4

Sean 'Diddy' Combs has said he wants to buy the Carolina Panthers and hire Colin Kaepernick, after the current owner announced plans to sell amid sexual harassment allegations.

'I will be the best NFL owner that you can imagine,' the rapper-turned-entrepreneur said in a video message on Sunday. 'I will immediately address the Colin Kaepernick situation and put him in the running for next year's starting quarterback.'

Halftime - Show - Selection - Music - Super

'Also, I will have the best halftime show, the best selection of music, and we will win Super Bowl after Super Bowl,' Combs continued.

Kaepernick, who opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in March and has yet to be signed by another team, has sued the league, claiming all 32 owners are colluding to blacklist him for kneeling during the national anthem.

Combs - Bid - Hours - Jerry - Richardson

Combs' bold bid came just hours after Jerry Richardson, the 81-year-old owner of the Charlotte, North Carolina team, announced he planned to sell the team at the end of the current season.

The Panthers are currently valued at $2.3billion, meaning Combs with his estimated net worth of $820million would likely need partners - if his plan is in fact a serious one.

Point - Golden - State - Warriors - Steph

On that point, Golden State Warriors star Steph Curry hopped on the bandwagon, tweeting at Combs: 'I want in!'

'Holla at me, let’s get it!' replied Combs, although it is unclear whether the current NFL owners would agree to a current NBA player taking an ownership stake in the Panthers.

Combs - Plan - History-making - Majority - American

Combs touted his plan as history-making, tweeting: 'There are no majority African American NFL owners. Let’s make history.'

'It's time for diversity!! It's time for Black ownership!!' he wrote.

Bid - Publicity - Stunt - Richardson - Letter

The nascent bid, which may well be a publicity stunt, followed Richardson's open letter announcing that he would put the team up for sale at the conclusion of this season.

'I believe it is time...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift