One bad drawing and a small French Bulldog helped this artist overcome homelessness

Rare | 12/12/2017 | Kaitlyn Winey
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/screen-shot-2017-12-11-at-4-41-50-pm.png?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

Whether it’s a mural you catch a glimpse of while driving through the streets of Atlanta, or a subtle pin adhered to the backpack of the person in front of you at a local coffee shop, sQuishipuss, the adorable pink cartoon pup, is taking the Atlanta art scene by storm.

Ray Geier, creator of sQuishipuss, explained that he never envisioned this once poor doodle to manifest itself into his full-time career.

Art - Years - Pretty - Age - Ability

“Art really started for me when I was nine years old. At a pretty young age, I knew that I had the ability to draw decently well, but I strayed away from drawing… people started requesting drawings and paintings that I didn’t care about. I didn’t like how it started to feel like a chore, so I stopped. I didn’t pick the pen back up for at least 20 years. It wasn’t until I truly needed a unique skill that I realized, art could really help me stand out against others in the workplace. I had been fired, let go, homeless — and I was about to be homeless again. I knew something had to change. “

Geier took the passion he had to succeed, and his unique ability to paint and draw, and created a creature that’s truly out of this world. There is nothing quite like the half-dog, half-octopus creature....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!