JFK the junkie: The Crown's unflattering portrayal of the 35th president as a jealous, controlling husband with a drug problem

Mail Online | 12/7/2017 | Hannah Parry For Dailymail.com
penaert (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/07/23/47188CA500000578-0-image-a-2_1512690938188.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/12/07/5134175013224204690/1024x576_MP4_5134175013224204690.mp4

He is perhaps the most portrayed president in American history.

But fans of The Crown can expect to see a different side of John F Kennedy when he appears in the show's second season.

Surface - Micheal - C - Hall - Kennedy

On the surface, Micheal C. Hall's Kennedy may seem ever the charming and inspiring leader, underneath the facade is a jealous, controlling husband and a high functioning drug addict.

The Netflix drama, which focuses on the real lives of the British royals, pulls no punches as it portrays JFK as a scheming conniver who is prone to sudden outbursts when he away from the public's gaze.

Relationship - Women - Wife - Jackie - Kennedy

His relationship with women and especially his wife Jackie Kennedy (played by Jodi Balfour) is also less than flattering, as he's shown being jealous and even getting rough with his wife.

She later reveals her and her husband’s dependence on drugs.

Hall - Entertainment - Weekly - Series - Risks

Hall told Entertainment Weekly that the award-winning series took 'some risks in terms of how and what it was depicting' of JFK.

But he said that the prospect of playing the beloved US president as an abusive drug addict never fazed him.

Actor - Roles - Six - Feet - Dexter

'Not given what I know to have been true about him,' said the actor, famed for his roles in Six Feet Under and Dexter.

JFK, a serial womanizer, was on a cocktail of drugs during his presidency to cope with various medical ailments, according to medical records.

Steroids - Deficiency - Painkillers - Bones - Painkillers

He first used steroids to treat his autoimmune deficiency, then turned to painkillers when they damaged his bones. When he found the painkillers slowing him down,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!