Bolton: Jerusalem a Bold Move That ‘Marks Trump as a Very Different Kind of Contemporary American Leader’

Breitbart | 12/7/2017 | Staff
Click For Photo:

Former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton said President Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel was “exactly the right move to make” on Thursday’s Breitbart News Daily with SiriusXM host Raheem Kassam.

“Israel is one of the very few, maybe the only country in the world where the American embassy is not in its capital city,” Bolton pointed out. “From the American point of view, let’s start with us, it only makes sense to put our embassy where the institutions of government are located, in the country to which our diplomats are accredited. If we found, for whatever reason we came across a European country we didn’t have an embassy in – a new country was created, for example – we wouldn’t put our embassy in a city 50 miles away from the capital.”

Israel - Country - World - One - Trump

“Why Israel should be different than any other country in the world, no one has been able to explain. What Trump has done is not extraordinary. It simply conforms Israel to the other 190 or so countries that we have diplomatic relations with. It is, from an efficiency and an effectiveness point of view, good for the United States,” he said.

Bolton said the arguments raised against moving the embassy are “arguments of blunt force and intimidation,” including threats of violence and warnings that moving the U.S. embassy will make peaceful negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians impossible.

United - States - Opinions - People - World

“I think the United States should respect the opinions of people all over the world,” he said. “I think they’re entitled to it. I have no problem in giving them serious consideration. But let’s be clear: nobody has a veto over the United States when it comes to locating our embassy in an allied country.”

“President Trump was very careful yesterday to say that that obviously the embassy is going to be...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!