Trent Franks resigning after asking staffers to become surrogates for his children

Washington Examiner | 12/7/2017 | Diana Stancy Correll
erinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/images/wex-default_1060x600.png

Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., announced his resignation Thursday evening after it was revealed that the House Ethics Committee would be investigating accusations of sexual harassment against him.

"I have recently learned that the Ethics Committee is reviewing an inquiry regarding my discussion of surrogacy with two previous female subordinates, making each feel uncomfortable,” Franks said in a statement. “I deeply regret that my discussion of this option and process in the workplace caused distress.”

Trial - Media - Damage - Things - Morning

“Rather than allow a sensationalized trial by media damage those things I love most, this morning I notified House leadership that I will be leaving Congress as of January 31st, 2018,” Franks added. “It is with the greatest sadness, that for the sake of the causes I deeply love, I must now step back from the battle I have spent over three decades fighting.”

Franks maintained that he did not behave inappropriately with staff.

Ethics - Panel - Probe - Franks - Behavior

The ethics panel voted unanimously to establish the probe into Franks' behavior.

Because Franks’ resignation comes more than six months ahead of the general election, Gov. Doug Ducey, R-Ariz., will call a special election to fill the position.

Earlier...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Examiner
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift