2017 Year-end Update from TGC International Outreach

The Gospel Coalition | 11/21/2017 | Staff
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/tgc-web/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/07125222/IMG_7763-William-Walshs-conflicted-copy-2017-09-26.jpg

December greetings! I hope in the coming days that you are able to slow down enough to truly experience the joy of Christmas. For me this joy usually comes in a moment of corporate worship as we sing together of the incarnate Savior, born in such lowly circumstances. These words never get old for me:

The ministry of International Outreach has seen a wonderful year. Our team is so thankful for what the Lord has accomplished. But when it comes to Theological Famine Relief the needs continue to be great. We regularly receive notes such as the following one from a ministry partner in Uganda:

Ugandans - Source - Need - Resources - Bush

Ugandans are hungry to learn and drink in whatever source is available—thus the need to give them good resources, especially in the bush, where we live. There is too much bad theology here (prosperity, syncretized gospels). But there are precious few places to buy resources, which are far too expensive for the average Ugandan to purchase.

Publishing projects this past year have included The New City Catechism in 10 languages, and our Books for Africa project, which involves an opportunity to print English books locally in both Nairobi, Kenya, and Johannesburg, South Africa, for distribution in Africa without overseas transport.

We are VERY excited to finally tell you about our...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Gospel Coalition
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.
Tagged: