This priest is going to be on The Great American Baking Show

Catholic News Agency | 12/7/2017 | Staff
Pumpkinajn (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/Father_Kyle_Schnippel_Credit_ABC_CNA.jpg

Cincinnati, Ohio, Dec 7, 2017 / 12:26 pm (CNA).- Many Catholics can name a priest who is renowned for his academic abilities, mission work, or inspiring homilies. But what about a priest who has received national attention for his baking skills?

Meet Father Kyle Schnippel, a pastor at two Cincinnati parishes who hopes his upcoming presence on The Great American Baking Show will offer non-Catholics insight into the human side of a priest’s life.

World - Language - World - Priest - Joy

“My world is as much a foreign language to them as their world is to me. So what I wanted to do was just [be] a priest and [show] the joy,” Schnippel told CNA.

The third season of ABC’s American baking series will premiere on Dec. 7 at 9 p.m. EST. Throughout six episodes, the bakers will travel around the U.S. competing in holiday-themed challenges.

Schnippel - Pastor - Corpus - Christi - St

Schnippel is the pastor at Corpus Christi and St. John Neumann parishes in Cincinnati. Although baking had a large presence in his childhood home, his doughy adventures seriously took off about three years ago, when he decided to prepare the baked goods for his first parish festival.

As time went on, he began to bake more often, and found that he enjoyed sharing his gifts with others.

Priests - Results - Results - Results - Joy

“It’s so much different than what we normally get to do as priests. We don’t normally get to see the results of what we do. With baking we get to see those results, smell those results,” and see the joy it can bring to people, he said.

Father Schnippel received a link to the show’s online application from a friend on Facebook. After providing detailed information on his baking experience and knowledge, the priest received a call a few months later, followed by a Skype interview.

New - Jersey - Mock - Trail

He was then flown out to New Jersey, where he participated in a mock trail of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic News Agency
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: