Seeing and Savoring the Glory of God in Scripture

Desiring God | 12/7/2017 | John Piper

For most of my adult life for the past fifty years, I have focused on trying to help people display and make much of the glory of God — spread a passion for the glory of God — by enjoying God as the supreme treasure of their lives.

In the last five years or so, without altering this overarching goal of my life at all, I have been focusing not directly on the relationship between the glory of God and our satisfaction in him, but on the glory of God and our certainty about him. The one focus is on the relationship between the glory of God and our spiritual affections. The other is on the relationship between the glory of God and our spiritual knowledge.

Morning - Progression - Thought - Issue - Relationship

What I would like to do with you this morning is take you with me in a progression of thought that focuses on this second issue of the relationship between the glory of God and spiritual knowledge. Before we are done, it will lead up into our final enjoyment of God and the display of his beauty and worth through that joy. But I want to focus on the progression of thought that leads there.

a focus on the glory of God and reading, which is why this session is about reading the Bible supernaturally.

Bibles - Ideas - Turn - John

If you want to see in your Bibles where I am getting my ideas, please turn with me to John 7:14–18.

About the middle of the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching. The Jews therefore marveled, saying, “How is it that this man has learning, when he has never studied?” So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone’s will is to do God’s will, he will know whether the teaching is from...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care
Tagged: