12 Gift ideas for priests, nuns and religious

Celtics2212 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://aleteiaen.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/web3-christmas-gift-present-wrapping-gift-wrap-book-shutterstock.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

Whether for Christmas or Easter, or any special occasion, it's always easier to shop when you know what people really want.

It’s hard to buy something for a person who has everything.

Something - Someone - Vow - Poverty

It is even more difficult to buy something for someone who takes a vow of poverty.

What on earth do you buy for someone who has very few earthly possessions?

Believe - Gift - Chances - Person - Gift

Believe me, if you can think of a possible gift, it has already been thought of, and chances are the person you want to get a gift for has received that gift not once but many, many times.

I have been gifted with a lot of rosaries over the years. And when I first joined the convent I quickly tired of sweets (except for chocolate) because cookies and cakes are the first gift many people think to give nuns.

Maybe because we are sweet?

Anyway, some of you may want to buy something for your favorite nun or religious priest* but are not sure what to get.

Life - Easier - Ideas

I thought I might make your life easier (and theirs) by giving you some ideas:

One sister told me that after one Christmas when her convent received tons of gifts they really could not use, they asked their friends and benefactors to give them gift cards to the local grocery store, and blankets. Sounds boring but a lot of religious don’t have loads of money to spend on even the most practical things.

Some ideas:

This is a good gift for cloistered nuns and monks who often communicate with friends and family through letter writing but it is also good for some religious sisters and priests. It would be embarrassing if I were to tell you how much time I spend choosing my stamps. No flag stamps for me; I painstakingly peruse the USPS website to find the most unique and beautiful...
Wake Up To Breaking News!