Don’t Mess Around with Jerusalem

Red Letter Christians | 12/7/2017 | Jeffrey Salkin
reantes (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.redletterchristians.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Old-City-Jerusalem.jpg

President Trump just announced that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Some say that it is an early Hanukkah gift for the Jewish people.

Ingrate - Hanukkah - Gifts - Amazon - Gift

I don’t want to be an ingrate, but when it comes to Hanukkah gifts, I’ll take the Amazon gift card, anytime.

There is no question in my mind, and in the mind of any Jew: Yes, of course, Jerusalem is the capital of the state of Israel. The Jewish state, the Jewish nation, the Jewish people have never had another capital.

City - History - Role - People - Imagination

Is there any other city, in history, that has had such a central role in any people’s imagination, on its soul?

If you have an iPhone, try this:

* - Go - List - Cities - Look

* Go down the list of cities, and look for Jerusalem.

Every other city in the world is attached to a country. Jerusalem stands alone.

City - Country - Taipei - Capital - Taiwan

Oh, yes: There is one other city that has no country. That would be Taipei, the capital of Taiwan, the island home of the Republic of China — which has an officially ambiguous status.

Jerusalem is the capital of my soul. “If I forget thee, O Jerusalem…” (Psalm 137): no chance of that.

Year - Living - Trips - Years - Jerusalem

Not after a year of living there, and some 45 trips there in the last 40 years. Jerusalem is where I feel most intellectually and spiritually stimulated. It is also the place where I feel most joyfully frustrated, and even exhausted.

Andre Neher writes: “We have stubbornly refused over the centuries to substitute another place for our focus. Christians have another Jerusalem in Rome and in the heavens; Moslems have Mecca and Medina; agnostic consciousness builds other Jerusalems in Paris and New York. I have never been a Wandering Jew; I have always been a pilgrim towards Jerusalem.”

This is all religiously true, historically true, intellectually true and spiritually true.

But that doesn’t mean that it is diplomatically...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Red Letter Christians
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: