Chicago Parish Going Ad Orientem for Advent

www.newliturgicalmovement.org | 12/7/2017 | Staff
St Hyacinth Parish in Detroit will have an EF Missa cantata for the first Sunday of Advent, celebrated by a newly ordained Jesuit priest, Fr Stephen Wolfe. The Mass will start at 1:30 pm; the church is located at 3151 Farnsworth St. ...

St Stanislaus Kostka Parish in Chicago, under the care of the Congregation of the Resurrection, is returning to the historical custom of the Church and facing East for the Advent and Christmas season. The pastor, Fr Anthony Bus C.R., posted this very nice explanation for the change on the parish’s Facebook page, which we reproduce here with permis...

Liturgical - Object

Can You Help Identify This Liturgical Object?

Fr. Augustine Thompson, O.P.

Readers - Object - Storage - Diocese - Oregon

Dear readers, perhaps you can help identify an object that was found in storage at the Episcopalian diocese of Oregon office. A Episcopalian priest of the diocese has asked my help, but I myself haven’t a clue. Notice that this glass dish has a cover with four holes in it. I would have assumed a dish for chrism, but I don’t understand the n...

On October 29, Old St Patrick’s Oratory in Kansas City, Missouri, an apostolate of the Institute of Christ the King, welcomed Bishop Athanasius Schneider for the celebration of a baptism in the traditional Pontifical Rite. I am told that this was a first not only for the church, but also for His Excellency and the ICK clerics at this church. Once ...

Church - Holy - Name - Jesus - Brooklyn

The church of the Holy Name of Jesus in Brooklyn, New York, located at 245 Prospect Park West, will have a Solemn Mass in EF starting at 5:00. There will also be confessions heard from 4:15 until the start of Mass. Readers may remember Holy Name as the subject of a beautifully done de-wreckovation almost four years ago. ...

Early risers in the East Bay area of Rhode Island...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.newliturgicalmovement.org
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
To despair is to turn your back on God, you can never despair.