'I’ve never experienced anything like this!' Alexandra Burke says she now has to suppress her emotions on Strictly after being mercilessly trolled for her 'fake tears'

Mail Online | 12/7/2017 | Andrew Bullock For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/07/09/4712D19200000578-0-image-a-24_1512637495882.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/12/03/8034953053401759250/1024x576_MP4_8034953053401759250.mp4

Her time on Strictly Come Dancing has been unfairly marred by a slew of nasty comments on social media.

And Alexandra Burke has admitted that the whole situation has left her no other choice but to mask her genuine feelings, so as to avoid any accusations of being 'fake'.

People - Permission - X - Factor - Radio

'Twitter seems to have given people permission to be incredibly hurtful,' the former X Factor winner told Radio Times. 'They don’t seem to realise that I have feelings and get upset.

'The saddest thing is that I started the show completely myself – my joy and my tears were 100 per cent genuine, however much people said they were fake – but I’m now so self-conscious, I try not to react at all in case people say, “Oh, look, here are the fake tears again".'

Daylight - Robbery - Singer - 'I - Public

The Daylight Robbery singer, 29, went on: 'I have struggled with some of the public’s reaction. I’ve had my fair share of negative press since winning The X Factor nine years ago, but I’ve never experienced anything like this.'

Her recent stint on Strictly has divided viewers over the last few weeks, with people claiming she is not genuine when she gets emotional on the show.

Fans - Alexandra - Defence - Wednesday - Video

But fans rushed to Alexandra's defence on Wednesday, after a cringe-worthy video of the singer emerged online.

Her devoted followers slammed 'cruel trolls' for trying to 'drag her down while she is vulnerable' on Twitter - after a clip of the 29-year-old explaining how she brought the phrase 'elephant in the room' to the UK, resurfaced on social media.

Alexandra - Year - Mother - Weeks - Appearance

Alexandra has endured a very difficult year - with her mother tragically passing away aged 53, just weeks ahead of her turbulent appearance on Strictly Come Dancing.

However, the singer was only hit with more heartbreak after a video of her speaking in 2012 emerged online - and was mercilessly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It had only one fault, it was useless.