Texas State Student Defends ‘White Death’ Column Despite Condemnation by University President

Breitbart | 11/28/2017 | Staff
marika (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://media.breitbart.com/media/2016/05/Texas-Flag.jpg

Texas State University student Rudy Martinez is defending his controversial column in the university’s college newspaper that argued that “white death will mean liberation for all,” despite a statement condemning the column as “racist” from University President Denise M. Trauth.

“The article speaks for itself,” author Rudy Martinez told The College Fix.“…Though my language, especially when I claim to have only ever met ‘12 decent white people,’ could be deemed as hyperbolic (just barely), it has accomplished its goal: starting a conversation and outing racists.”

Martinez - Fire - Week - Column - University

Martinez came under fire this week for a column originally published in the University Star, the student newspaper of Texas State University. “Ontologically speaking, white death will mean liberation for all … accept this death as the first step toward defining yourself as something other than the oppressor,” Martinez wrote in the since-deleted column. “Until then, remember this: I hate you because you shouldn’t exist. You are both the dominant apparatus on the planet and the void in which all other cultures, upon meeting you, die.”

“When I think of all the white people I have ever encountered – whether they’ve been professors, peers, lovers, friends, police officers, et cetera – there is perhaps only a dozen I would consider ‘decent,’” Martinez’s column added.

Statement - Tuesday - University - Star‘s - Editor-In-Chief

Despite a statement published on Tuesday by the University Star‘s Editor-In-Chief that addressed public concerns that the column promoted bigotry, Martinez is doubling down on his argument.

“… Was the piece racist? Nope;...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!