Protecting Girls in a #MeToo World

samluce.com | 11/16/2017 | Staff
hi09 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://3287-presscdn-0-34.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Metoo.png

If you aren’t familiar with the #MeToo head over to twitter and read some of the tweets posted by famous women, known women and women no one really knows. Their stories are gut-wrenching. I read through a few feeds of evangelical women I deeply respect and tears came to my eyes because of the pervasiveness of abuse and the destructive power of sin in our world. As a father of two beautiful girls, I don’t want this for them. As a father, it is my responsibility to protect them love them and model to them how men should treat them. As repulsive as the whole Wienstine thing is I pray that good will come from it, that women will speak up and the culture of abuse will be dealt a severe blow.

Our country has spent the last 60 years preaching and worshiping the god of sexual fulfillment at all costs and we are starting to see the devastating legacy of our unrestrained sexual ethic. We see it in the dissolution of the family, in the celebration of every kind of personal pleasure without a thought as to the effect our actions will have on the people we love most and even broader society. This is not a new problem but is rather an indication as to how far our country has slipped from the Christian values that used to guide and define us. In Roman times when Christianity was in its infancy one of the unique things about Christians was their sexual ethics and their high view of women and children. Tim Challies describes Roman culture in such a way that it sounds like the picture that is being painted of the celebrity Hollywood subculture specifically and of American culture increasing.

Rome - Culture - Promiscuity - Inequality

Rome was a culture of extreme promiscuity and inequality. Those...
(Excerpt) Read more at: samluce.com
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
How's that peak oil working out for you?
Tagged: