Couple's prized bulldog Fatty dies of heatstroke three hours after Pets At Home grooming salon appointment

Mail Online | 11/8/2017 | Thomas Burrows for MailOnline
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/07/12/4619D51E00000578-0-image-a-58_1510059399651.jpg

A couple were left devastated after claiming their English bulldog Fatty overheated during a grooming session.

Stephen, 44, and Laura Bell, 36, had taken their three-year-old pet to Pets At Home in Falmouth as a treat after she had recently delivered a litter of puppies.

Mrs - Bell - Fatty - Dogs - Pet

But when Mrs Bell went to collect Fatty and two other dogs, she claimed her pet was struggling to breathe and it was 'clear something was very wrong'.

Fatty was taken to the vet's surgery in the same building, while Mrs Bell called her husband who rushed from his Penzance salon.

Fatty - Afterwards

However it was too late to save Fatty and she died shortly afterwards.

Pets At Home carried out a 'thorough investigation' and have denied any liability for Fatty's death. They insisted the store was air-conditioned and that dogs are supervised at all times.

Spokesman - Health - Health - Conditions - Breed

A spokesman said: 'Fatty's health may have been compromised by underlying health conditions which can be exacerbated in her breed type.'

Fatty was a local celebrity in Penzance and spent most of the day sitting in the window of the couple's salon named 'Fatty's Barbers' Shop'.

Mrs - Bell - Helston - Fatty - Dogs

Mrs Bell, from Helston, said she took Fatty and two other dogs to the Pets At Home around 1.30pm on June 24.

She said: 'At 4:30pm, I returned to collect them. Upon my return and my dogs being brought out to me, I immediately noticed that my English Bulldog, Fatty, was obviously struggling to breathe. She was gasping for breath and it was clear something was very wrong.

Unsure - State - Time - Nurse

'I am unsure of how long she had been in this state. To get as bad as she was when I arrived, she had to have been like that for a long time. I began to panic and a veterinary nurse was called.

'Fatty was taken from me in to the vets and died three hours...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!