"This will be a new form of life": Stephen Hawking says artificial intelligence robots will replace humans COMPLETELY

mirror | 11/2/2017 | Staff
Kaliela101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article11453188.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200/FILE-PHOTO-British-scientist-and-theoretical-physicist-Stephen-Hawking-attends-a-launch-event-for-a.jpg

Thank you for subscribing!

Renowned physicist Prof Stephen Hawking has said robots will eventually replace humanity COMPLETELY.

Prof - Hawking - Intelligence - AI - Level

Prof Hawking said that he believes artificial intelligence (AI) will eventually reach a level where it will essentially be a "new form of life that will outperform humans", the Cambridge News reports.

He said: "I fear that AI may replace humans altogether.

People - Computer - Viruses - Someone - AI

"If people design computer viruses, someone will design AI that improves and replicates itself.

"This will be a new form of life that outperforms humans."

Professor - People - Space - Science

The professor is also urging young people to be more interested in space - and science in general.

The 75-year-old has also talked to WIRED magazine about his belief that we need a new space age to entice young people to get involved in science and said there would be "serious consequences" if more people didn't show an interest.

Space - Programme - Science - Community - View

He added that he thinks a new space programme should be worked on urgently by the science community "with a view to eventually colonising suitable planets for human habitation."

He continued: "I believe we have reached the point of no return.

Earth - Population - Rate - Danger

"Our earth is becoming too small for us, global population is increasing at an alarming rate and we are in danger of self-destructing."

During the interview Prof Hawking also spoke out against Donald Trump's travel ban and the US President's climate change denial.

October - Year - Prof - Hawking - AI

In October last year (2016), Prof Hawking said he believed AI would either destroy or transform...
(Excerpt) Read more at: mirror
Wake Up To Breaking News!