A lesson in love! College student asks his English professor to help him draft a date proposal for his crush using the persuasive power of ethos, pathos and logos - and his textbook logic WORKS

Mail Online | 10/28/2017 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/10/28/01/45C1136C00000578-0-image-a-91_1509151974328.jpg

Asking someone out requires a lot of bravery and charm - but according to one college student, the real secret to a successful date proposal is actually a masterful grasp of the English language and all its persuasive powers.

To prove his theory, the young man - known only as Jake - enlisted the help of his English professor in order to craft the perfect text message to ask out a crush, using persuasion theory to create an irresistible offer.

Understanding - Ethos - Pathos - Logos - Modes

Using a basic understanding of ethos, pathos, and logos, otherwise known as the modes of persuasion, the duo penned a succinct, yet incredibly effective, date night proposal which they knew Jake's crush Hannah would be powerless to refuse. And they were right.

Jake's invite to dinner centered on the three main points of persuasion:

Offer - Jake - Twitter - Share - Success

Thrilled that his incredibly persuasive offer had gone down so well, Jake immediately took to Twitter to share his success story, revealing the actual text message that came out of his discussion with his professor.

'Yooo I have about zero skills when it comes to texting girls so I legit asked my English professor to help me draft a text to a girl and we STRAIGHT ETHOS, LOGOS, PATHOSED MY WAY INTO A DATE [sic]' Jake captioned his viral tweet.

Night - Work - Food - Apartment - Jake

'Hey, I hate to come on too strong here but if you could use a stress-free night after work or need some food to keep you alive while you're moving into your new apartment, I would love to take you to dinner,' Jake's text to Hannah read.

'It would be fun and a great way for me to see your dog, which is low key why I'm doing this.'

Words - Grab - Conversation - Hannah - Jake

Alongside the words, and a grab of his triumphant text conversation with Hannah, Jake also shared the triangle graph...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care