Sherri Papini’s Husband Says He’s ‘Totally Freaking Out’ in Newly-Released 911 Call Reporting Her Disappearance

PEOPLE.com | 10/26/2017 | Stephanie Petit
Click For Photo: http://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/keith-papini-2.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1050px&resize=1200,630

Nearly a year after California mom Sherri Papini went missing, the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office has released the 911 call of her husband Keith reporting her disappearance.

Papini, now 35, was allegedly kidnapped last Nov. 2 while jogging near her Redding, California, home and found 22 days later — on Thanksgiving Day — along the side of a rural road. The mysterious case captivated the nation and spawned numerous theories about what happened.

Call - Keith - Operator - Home - Work

In the call, Keith tells the 911 operator that he returned home after work to find that his kids and wife were not there. Though he assumed Papini may have gone for a walk, he called the children’s day care and found out they were not picked up by Papini as planned.

Keith tells the operator that he used the Find My Phone app to track Papini’s phone, which he found at the end of their street.

Phone - Hair - Headphones - Somebody

“I found her phone. It’s got, like, hair ripped out of it, like in the headphones, so I’m totally freaking out thinking somebody, like, grabbed her,” he says.

He says that the last time he heard from Papini was at 10:47 a.m. asking if he was coming home from lunch, and that the kids were supposed to be picked up around 4:45 p.m.

Keith - Something

Keith says he immediately feared something bad had happened.

“I’m at the end of the driveway, where, uh, I’m at the … Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise, where they meet, ’cause that’s right where I found her phone on the ground,” he says. “[Unintelligible] telling me that something happened to her, is the way I’m looking at it. There’s like hair in the headphones. Like it got ripped off, like they grabbed…”

Kind - Street

He later adds, “We live down kind of a sketchy street, so I definitely — I don’t know if I’m allowed to knock...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Have you forgotten?