Former Charlie's Angel Star Jaclyn Smith Is 'Thrilled' to Be a Grandma: 'I Don't Want to Be Away From Her'

PEOPLE.com | 10/17/2017 | Patrick Gomez
Click For Photo: http://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/jaclynsmith.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1050px&resize=1200,630

Jaclyn Smith couldn’t wait to become a grandmother.

“The love that you have for your children, it’s like ‘Oh my God. But this is even bigger — there are no words,” the former Charlie’s Angels star tells PEOPLE of welcoming granddaughter Bea in September 2016. “I was thrilled to become a grandma.”

Smith - Parent - Notes - Daughter - Spencer

Smith, 71, says she was a very protective parent but has learned to take notes from her daughter Spencer Margaret, 31, on being more laid-back as a first-time grandparent.

“Last night we were playing with Bea and water got all over the sleeve of the pajamas and I go, ‘Oh that’s horrible!’ and Spencer Margaret said, ‘Mom, that’s gonna dry. She’s enjoying herself.’ She’s a free spirit, and that’s good,” says Smith.

Spencer - Margaret - Husband - Actor - Fran

Spencer Margaret’s husband, actor Fran Kranz, is currently working in New York, which means lots of grandma time for Bea at home in Los Angeles as well as on family trips around the globe.

“I got the chance to go to Rome recently and I wanted Spencer Margaret to come along,” says Smith. “She said, ‘Only if we can take Bea.’ I said of course! I don’t want to be away from her ever.”

Spencer - Margaret - Pregnancy - Joy - Smith

Spencer Margaret’s pregnancy was not only a personal joy for Smith, but also led to a new professional endeavor for the family. As part of Smith’s ongoing partnership with Kmart, the actress and her daughter have launched a new layette set called Spencer.

“I was doing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!