Trump: Tax Reform ‘Will Lift Our People From Welfare to Work’

The Daily Signal | 10/17/2017 | Staff
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_5126-Willis-Bretz-edited.jpg

President Donald Trump promoted his tax reform plan at The Heritage Foundation’s President’s Club, but also touted American values, the Constitution and “God-given rights.”

“We will lift our people from welfare to work, from dependence to independence, and from poverty to total beautiful prosperity,” Trump told an audience of about 1,000 people Tuesday night gathered at the Marriott Marquis in Washington.

Tax - Plan - Companies - America - Grow

“Our tax plan will ensure that companies stay in America, grow in America, and hire in America,” the president said. “At the heart of our plans is a tax cut for everyday working Americans.”

The tax reform proposal backed by Trump and congressional Republicans would increase the deduction for child care and caring for elderly adults; make the first $12,000 for individuals and first $24,000 for married couples income-tax free; eliminate the penalty for businesses bringing back earnings to the United States; simplify the tax filing process so that most Americans can file on a single sheet of paper; cut the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 20 percent, which the White House Council on Economic Advisers estimates would boost wages by $4,000 for the average American households; and eliminate the death tax.

Country - Christmas - Present - Tax - Relief

“So let’s give our country the best Christmas present of all: massive tax relief,” Trump said. “And speaking of Christmas, yes, you want to hear it, I’m talking about Christmas presents, I’ll give you a bigger Christmas present. You are going to be saying ‘Merry Christmas’ again. OK.”

Trump predicted if tax reform passes, it would bring $3 trillion back in the American economy.

Trump - Democrats - Blocks - Republicans

Trump said Democrats will vote in blocks to obstruct, but said he hoped to get Republicans needed.

“We the need the help of The Heritage Foundation and everyone here tonight to get our tax cuts through the House, through the Senate, and to my desk for signature,” the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!