Oops: Islamists Scrambling to Fix What Someone Slipped Into a Textbook

Conservative Tribune | 9/28/2017 | Krystal Harris
lukealukea (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://conservativetribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Islamist-textbook.jpg

The Saudi Arabian government is scrambling to remove a photo that was printed in a history textbook because the photo features their beloved King Faisal sitting next to none other than Jedi Master himself, Yoda. How this doctored photo wound up in a school textbook is beyond us… someone is getting fired, or worse.

In a section of the book that was supposed to illustrate Faisal’s rise to in the kingdom, a photo of the leader signing the United Nations charter in 1945 was supposed to have demonstrated how powerful he was (though still the foreign minister; he would not become king until 1964).

Force - Force - Star - Wars - Character

Well, it showed he was a force to be reckoned with… unfortunately, the force was coming the “Star Wars“ character Yoda.

So just how did this photo wind up in the textbook? Well, the designer of the doctored photo has come forward, but insists that he is not at fault. The 26-year-old Saudi artist Abdullah al-Sheri told The New York Times, “I am the one who designed it, but I am not the one who put it in the book.”

Photo - Part - Series - Film - Characters

Apparently, the photo was part of a series that al-Sheri produced that shows film characters added into iconic photos of Arab history.

“I meant no offense to the king at all,” he added.

Thing - Riyadh - Time

That was a smart thing for him to say, considering he was being interviewed from Riyadh at the time.

Of course, mistakes happen everywhere, but this is a pretty big...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!