Former VS Angel Clara Alonso Opens Up About the Realities of Being a Model

PEOPLE.com | 9/26/2017 | Pia Velasco
Click For Photo: http://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/gettyimages-93075842.jpg?crop=0px,384px,2912px,1530px&resize=1200,630

About last night 💃🏻🎉❤️ #passporttopridham

A post shared by Clara Alonso (@claraalonsonet) on

Brought to you by the editors of People en Español.

Clara Alonso has a lot to celebrate. The former Victoria’s Secret model gets to travel the world for work, married her beau Robert Serafin last month, and was just made the new face of European lingerie brand Yamamay. But life as an in-demand model isn’t always what it’s cracked up to be.

Beauty - Hispanic - Newspaper - El - Pais

The Spanish beauty opened up to Hispanic newspaper El Pais about her insecurities, the pressures of social media and how the modeling industry is evolving.

Although she now fronts a new lingerie brand, and has often walked Victoria’s Secret runways scantily clad, she wasn’t always comfortable revealing so much skin. “At the beginning of my career it was hard… There are so many people around you… and it embarrasses you to have people see you [like that],” she said. “But nowadays I’m used to it and I feel just as comfortable in lingerie as I do wearing clothes.”

Moment - Judged - Years - Career - Model

“At some moment I did feel judged and rejected,” she said referring to the early years of her career. “But if you ask any model,” she added, “they’ll tell you that they felt something similar.”

Alsono also spoke with the Spanish paper about her struggle to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis