Louisville business introduces luxury ice to bourbon industry - WDRB 41 Louisville News

www.wdrb.com | 9/17/2017 | Staff
CarisCaris (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://WDRB.images.worldnow.com/images/14935097_G.jpg

MIDDLETOWN, Ky. (WDRB) -- It's the newest take on the bourbon experience: luxury ice. The chilly business venture is barely a year old, but several big name distillers are already taking notice.

It's Kentucky's proudest beverage. The flavor, the aroma and the way we enjoy our bourbon is a science.

Folks - Kentucky - Straight - Ice - Glass

That's why the folks at Kentucky Straight Ice say what we put into the glass with it should be too.

"You're getting ice that melts three to four times slower than your standard ice cube," says Rich Finck, President of Kentucky Straight Ice.

Consumers - Water

This allows consumers to enjoy bourbon longer before its diluted by water.

Finck is the first to admit he didn't specialize in ice making. He was in the phone business when he got the idea. "I couldn't sleep at night anymore, because I knew this product had to exist and the moment I was able to quit my full time job, I did," Finck said.

Enter - Eugene - Bell - Block - Ice

Enter Eugene Bell. "I cut my first block of ice in '83," Bell said.

Finck called the ice artisan and instructor at Sullivan University several times and played some phone tag.

Did - Research - Legs - Place

"Did some research on it and went, 'You know, I think this has got legs and I think we can go some place with it and we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.wdrb.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!