KEEP TALKING ABOUT CHARLOTTESVILLE!

Youth Specialties | 9/17/2017 | Staff
roxy2707 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://youthspecialties.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/YS-Blog_750x300_charleston-keep-talking.jpg

KEEP TALKING ABOUT CHARLOTTESVILLE!

In many ways, it feels as though we’ve already moved on. I mean, since the events of Charlottesville several weeks ago, a natural disaster crippled a major portion of Texas, Christians have continued to go at one another’s throats (again), and even more politically charged disagreements have engulfed our country. With so many disturbing events slapping us in the face on a daily basis, it’s easy to let the disturbing realities of Charlottesville, or any of the other things, simply disappear until they undoubtedly come back around.

And I assure you, they will come back around.

I struggle with depression, which I’ve openly talked about in other blog posts, and I’ll never forget when I finally started taking medication. I had known for quite some time that something was wrong within me. Despite that understanding, I avoided dealing with it at all costs. To my surprise (but nobody else’s), my aversion to the problem didn’t make it go away. In fact, it allowed my issues room to continue growing and deepening.

Point - Medication - Pill - Doctor - Body

I finally got to the point where I knew I couldn’t go on like that any longer so I started taking some medication. That first pill was incredibly difficult. My doctor had warned me that it could potentially make me feel off because my body had to adjust to balance the chemicals within me. He told me that the only way for the pills to truly affect anything was to continue taking them. I didn’t listen. I wanted a one time fix. Soon, I realized the problem was just as prevalent as ever. So I buckled down and actually took the doctor’s advice. I started taking my pills regularly and found that through time my depression began to shift. Did the pills make my depression disappear? Nope, but they...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Youth Specialties
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: