Reese Witherspoon Isn't Sure Big Little Lies Season 2 Will Happen, But Her New Jennifer Aniston TV Show Will Be 'Great'

PEOPLE.com | 9/14/2017 | Aurelie Corinthios
Click For Photo: http://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/reese-witherspoon5.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1050px&resize=1200,630

In just seven episodes, Big Little Lies captivated viewers by intertwining a dark murder mystery plot with poignant commentary on the complexities of family life — so it’s not too surprising that fans are clamoring for a season 2 of the HBO series.

That being said, so far, it doesn’t seem likely, at least not anytime soon. During an appearance on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Wednesday, star and executive producer Reese Witherspoon was asked what she could tease about a potential new season — and she didn’t sound all too hopeful.

Season - Ideas

“Oh! I can’t really — I don’t have any really to say,” she said. “We’re talking about it. We’re only going to do it if we really feel it’s as good as the first season. We’re thinking about ideas.”

“The issue is there was only one book written,” host Andy Cohen said.

Witherspoon - Sort - Pick

“Yeah, and it ended!” responded Witherspoon, 41. “That’s what it was. So it would have to just sort of pick up on, I guess, did we get away with it?”

The actress also pointed out that season 1 ended with all of the leading female characters overcoming their differences and banding together.

Lot

“A lot of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
12 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!