Woman, 58, sues Starbucks claiming they killed her dog and caused her horrific burns by giving her hot tea with a loose lid

Mail Online | 9/27/2015 | Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
eymira (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/13/18/443DBF0200000578-0-image-a-99_1505322857820.jpg

A woman is suing Starbucks claiming its employees caused her dog's death and gave her horrific injuries by handing her hot tea in a cup with a loose lid.

Deanna Salas-Solano, 58, says she had to undergo surgery after being burned when tea spilled on to her torso and thighs at a drive-thru Starbucks in Denver, Colorado, in September 2015.

Woman - Dog - Alexander - Car - Time

The woman's dog Alexander was in the car at the time and jumped on her lap when she screamed in pain, causing her to spill more of the drink.

It burned his fur and he later died in a veterinary hospital because of it, her lawsuit claims.

Salas-Solano - Coffee - Giant - Premises - Customers

Salas-Solano is demanding at least $75,000 from the coffee giant, claiming it did not ensure safe premises for customers.

She claims that she was handed her Venti tea in a cup without a hot sleeve and that its lid was not fastened properly.

Employee - September - Salas - Solano - Hands

When she took it from the drive-thru employee on September 27, 2015, Salas Solano said it immediately burned her hands.

'The hot temperature of the cup began to burn her hands. Hot tea began to spill out of the cup through the unsecured lid and onto [her] body.

Pain - Stomach - Legs - Lap

'She immediately experienced intense pain including on her stomach, legs and lap.

'At or about this time, she...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A slice out of infinity
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!