Sen. Pat Toomey On Tax Reform: Both Sides Can Find Common Ground [VIDEO]

The Daily Caller | 9/14/2017 | Staff
jolan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Screenshot-5999-e1505322159769.png

GOP Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania said Wednesday that despite possible common ground on tax reform for both parties, it will be difficult for Republicans to work with Democrats due to their unrealistic demands and unwillingness to come to the table.

Toomey recently attended a bipartisan dinner at the White House to discuss the legislative agenda, specifically how and when Congress will move on tax reform.

Conversation - Senators - Letter - Lack - Interest

“It’s a little hard to have a constructive conversation with the 45 Democratic senators who signed a letter basically declaring their lack of interest in working with us,” Toomey said on MSNBC. “If you look at the conditions that they stipulate for working with us on a tax bill, it’s pretty clear they’re not interested in working with us. While the three Democratic senators at the dinner last night did not sign that letter, and I think that’s a clear indication that they’re still open minded about this.”

Toomey said the corporate tax rate was too high, even by Democratic standards, and sees it as a possible starting point for both sides.

Democrats - Democrats - Percent - Tax - Rate

“I think many Democrats, certainly not all, but there’s many Democrats who acknowledge that a 35 percent corporate tax rate is ridiculous,” he said. “So that needs to come down and I think there is an agreement about that.”

He also said the idea of making sure bigger corporations don’t evade taxes and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!