Minnesota Vikings hire 18-year-old consultant to connect with Gen Z

Star Tribune | 9/13/2017 | Rochelle Olson Star Tribune
Micaella (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://stmedia.stimg.co/ows_150531289498543.jpg?h=630&w=1200&fit=crop&bg=999&crop=faces

The Minnesota Vikings announced the hiring of an 18-year-old consultant who calls himself a “Gen Z guru,” to find new ways to connect with the new generation. With his father David Stillman, Jonah Stillman wrote, “Gen Z @ Work: How the Next Generation Is Transforming the Workplace.” Jonah Stillman is a 2017 graduate of Minnetonka High School.

Stillman is expected to consult with the Vikings on marketing, digital media content and strategy as well as STEM opportunities with the Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center and workplace culture at the new headquarters in Eagan expected to open in March 2018.

Stillman - Work

We asked Stillman about his work:

Question: Can you describe Gen Z in a few sentences?

Stillman - Gen - Z - Generation - Generation

Stillman: Gen Z is the generation that follows the millennial generation. We are born between 1995-2012 and were raised by Gen X parents. We have had our own unique events and conditions shape us, including the recent Great Recession. We are very different than millennials.

Q: What sort of research backs that up?

Stillman - Company - Gen - Z - Guru

Stillman: My company Gen Z Guru, which I cofounded with my dad, who is a generational expert, did three national studies and one global study all focused on Gen Z’s attitude toward both the workplace and marketplace.

Q: How will you go about your work with the Vikings? Do you research the organization?

Stillman - Opportunity - NFL - Minnesota - Vikings

Stillman: I am beyond excited to have the opportunity to help both the NFL and the Minnesota Vikings to reach a younger demographic of fans. Working with an organization as exciting as the NFL will be an exciting addition to the list of clients I have worked with. The NFL and Vikings have done an amazing job of exposing me to all facets on the game. This, combined with my ongoing research, will allow us to introduce new enhancements to both the in-game and every day football...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Star Tribune
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!