Luther in 200 words

The Cripplegate | 12/31/1969 | Jesse Johnson
iVchan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/1529MartinLuther.jpg

On Thursdays leading up to Reformation Sunday, we will run short biographies of eight key reformers. If you would like to reprint these in your church bulletin to help people in your congregation become familiar with these individuals as a build up for the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, go for it–no need to attribute it back to us; if you find them useful, then by all means use them. So far we have seen Wycliffe and Huss. Today Luther:

“My conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything. God help me. Here I stand, I can do no other.”

Martin - Luther - Martin - Luther - Architect

Martin Luther (1483-1546) Martin Luther is widely known as the architect of the reformation. On October 31, 1517, Luther famously nailed 95 theses on the castle door of Wittenberg as a “protest” against the Pope and the selling of indulgences.

As a monk in the Roman Catholic Church, Luther lived a miserable life. No matter how hard he worked, or how much he fasted...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Cripplegate
56 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: