The Shalom of God

(in)courage | 9/14/2017 | Karina Allen
jesse456 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/20170914_Karina_Peace-1200x858.jpg

About a month ago, I started meeting with a random mix of people who had been studying Hebrew, the Torah, and Jewish culture. I have always been interested in Jewish traditions and have learned about it at a very surface level. I was so grateful that a few of my friends shared with me about this group. It couldn’t have come at a better time.

This year has been a little hard. It hasn’t been my normal hard where I have crazy natural, tangible circumstances to deal with. This year has been more of a spiritual fight. I tell people that I don’t normally attribute much to the enemy, but he for sure has come for me this year. Much of the time I feel as though he is winning.

Battle - Life - Birthday - Approaches - Shift

This battle has been playing out in my thought life like never before. As my birthday approaches, I am feeling a shift coming. It’s interesting because it falls right before the beginning of the Jewish new year. This gathering together with believers who are digging into the depths of the Torah and how Jesus actually lived has definitely helped to usher in this shift I’ve been sensing.

Honestly, I have been wading in a lack of peace. I have felt such unrest and discontent and a bit doubtful in several areas of my life. It’s not a super fun space to be in.

Definition - Word - Peace - Lack - Disturbance

At our basic definition of the word, peace is quiet or a lack of disturbance. In Hebrew, words have such deeper meanings than we have translated them to mean. Peace is the word Shalom, but it goes far beyond our idea of peace. Peace is actually only a small part of true Shalom.

Shalom is a Hebrew word meaning completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety, soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
0 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: