10 Leadership Lessons From College Football’s Opening Weekend

ChurchLeaders.com | 9/13/2017 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/9.14leadershiplessonsrev.jpg

Are you ready for some football? The greatest sport in all of the land is back. Crowds cheering, tailgates blazing and pigskin flying all combine to give me happiness.

As the college football season kicked off this past weekend, there were some leadership lessons I noticed. Check them out:

Liberty - Beat - Baylor

Liberty beat Baylor.

Leadership Lesson: Don’t give up before you begin, even if most people think you don’t have a shot. My Liberty Flames were a 34-point underdog, and wound up beating those pesky Baylor Bears.

Florida - State - Teams - Loss

Florida State’s special teams caused their loss.

Leadership Lesson: This is the third phase of a football team, and the one most often overlooked. Small details can cause major problems if they’re ignored.

USC

USC had a blind long-snapper successfully play.

Leadership Lesson: You may face some setbacks, physical or otherwise. Determine to not use them as excuses. Fight through them.

Texas - Maryland

Texas flopped against Maryland.

Leadership Lesson: Just because you get a flashy, high profile leader who was successful at a previous place of service does not mean it will be automatic magic at his new place. Tom Herman, Texas’ new coach, was amazing at University of Houston. Success isn’t always transferable.

Ohio - State - Start - Cylinders

Ohio State had a slow start, but finally clicked on all cylinders.

Leadership Lesson: Sometimes, it takes a bit of time to get things to click. Just because things don’t start out smoothly in your organization does not mean they won’t end well. This past Sunday, we had quite a few media issues before the services started. By the end of the second service, I realized things...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders.com
38 other people are viewing this story
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.